Authors: Subcontinent Times
Updated: Jan 13, 2018 12:06 IST
California [USA], Jan 13 (ANI): The death toll from the Wednesday's storm that led to a massive flooding and mudslides in the Santa Barbara County in California increased to 18, after the body of an 87-year old man was fished out from the rubble.
The Sputnik news agency quoted County Sheriff Bill Brown as saying, "I'm saddened to report today that another victim was located, bringing the total number of fatal casualties from this tragic incident to 18."
The sheriff added that the death toll was likely to increase as rescue operations were still on.
The area houses celebrities like Oprah Winfrey and Ellen DeGeneres to name a few.
Winfrey has a property in Montecito that is reportedly worth nearly 90 million dollars.
According to the National Weather Service, more than 5.5 inches of rain had fallen in California over the last three days. (ANI)
- Newgen Software IPO progresses slowly, subscribed 5%
- Sisters steal baby boy to stop father from remarrying
- Quality Health is trending at 10 in India
- iVOOMi i1 Sale is trending at 9 in India
- #PravinTogadia is trending at 8 in India
- Colin de Grandhomme is trending at 7 in India
- ICC Code of Conduct is trending at 6 in India
- #BreatheTrailer is trending at 5 in India
- #tphoneP is trending at 4 in India
- #PatanjaliOnline is trending at 3 in India
- #HappyBirthdaySidharthMalhotra is trending at 2 in India
- Barmer is trending at 1 in India
- Extremely rare 'firework' jelly fish spotted near Mexico
- Beautiful snow sculptures from around the world
- World's fifth largest diamond discovered in Lesotho
- Museums of unusual things around the world
- Chinese 'rainbow dinosaur' had iridescent feathers
- These are the most talented dogs on the internet
- Enjoying the high life, up on the roof in Tel Aviv
- Le smartphone? France has another term in mind