9 years after 26/11, Moshe Holtzberg returns to Chabad House in Mumbai

11-year-old Moshe Holtzberg by his side, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday opened a memorial at the Nariman House for the victims of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks that killed 166 people including Moshe's parents. Mr Netanyahu's Mumbai visit is the last leg of his India visit, and also the most emotional.

The Living Memorial project, as the memorial is called, will be housed on the top two floors and terrace of the Nariman House and will be dedicated to the victims of 26/11 attack. Part of it will have a special area designed to remember Moshe's parents -- Rabbi Gavriel Holtzberg and Rivka.

Moshe arrived in Mumbai on Tuesday, his first visit to the city and the Jewish centre where he, as a toddler, lost his parents in the attacks but was saved by his nanny who saved him during the terrorist attack in 2008. Shortly after his arrival in the city, Moshe said he was happy. Bahut khushi (I am very happy)".

He had planned to visit Mumbai when he turned 13, but that was advanced by two years after an invitation by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his visit to Israel last year.

Moshe's return is a message to terrorists that we will always win against terror. Mohammed Hafiz Saeed  and others who financed the terrorists are still free but they will eventually pay the price," Moshe's uncle, who shares his name, has told NDTV.

Before heading to Nariman House, Mr Netanyahu also laid a wreath at the Taj Mahal hotel, another place that was attacked by terrorists in 2008.

Read more...

Shift To Pakistan, ISI Man Urges Terror Suspect

Shift To Pakistan, ISI Man Urges Terror Suspect

MAHARAJGANJ/KANPUR: A conversation between a Nepal-based suspected terrorist and an ISI operative in Karachi reveals how plotters of terror attacks in India are lured into shifting base to Pakistan. TOI has the transcript of a talk between the operative, Mohammad Shafi, who makes such an offer to Shamshul Huda, wanted by India for two strikes on

Read more...

McCain tells Trump to 'stop attacking press'

  • Published in World

Authors: Subcontinent Times

Updated: Jan 18, 2018 01:42 IST

Washington DC [United States], Jan 18 (ANI): Republican Senator John McCain has called on United States President Donald Trump to cease his attacks on the American press.

The Arizona Republican calls the Trump administration's attitude towards

Read more...
Subscribe to this RSS feed