To avoid any untoward incident, the ferry services on Paturia-Daulatdia route were kept suspended from 4:30 am due to poor visibility caused by heavy fog," UNB quoted said Nasir Mohammad Chowdhury, assistant general manager of Bangladesh Inland Water Transport Corporation (BIWTC) at Aricha, as saying.
Six ferries were aground in the middle of the river while seven others lay anchored at Paturia and three at Daulatdia ghats, Nasir Mohammad said.
More than 500 vehicles got stranded at both ghats to cross the river due to the suspension of ferry services, he added.
Our Munshiganj correspondent reports, ferry services on the Shimulia-Kathalbari route came to a complete halt from 6:00am due to blurred visibility caused by thick fog, our Munshiganj correspondent reports quoting Shah Newaz Khaled, assistant general manager of BIWTC.
The ferry services on the route resumed after four hours, the official said.
- #FE名シーン is trending at 10 in Japan
- D.A.N is trending at 9 in Japan
- TK引退 is trending at 8 in Japan
- KEIKO is trending at 7 in Japan
- #マックスむらいに質問 is trending at 6 in Japan
- #美樹さやか is trending at 5 in Japan
- ウサミン is trending at 4 in Japan
- #せふほで本性が分かる is trending at 3 in Japan
- 小室さん is trending at 2 in Japan
- 小室哲哉 is trending at 1 in Japan
- EURO 2024 is trending at 10 in world
- Edgar Allan Poe is trending at 9 in world
- 20 AAP MLAs is trending at 8 in world
- #VendrediLecture is trending at 7 in world
- 小室哲哉 is trending at 5 in world
- #ReleaseTheMemo is trending at 4 in world
- #HrantDink is trending at 2 in world
- #KarneGünü is trending at 1 in world
- Jhye Richardson is trending at 10 in India
- #BANvSL is trending at 8 in India