Authors: Subcontinent Times
Updated: Jan 11, 2018 09:15 IST
Chennai (Tamil Nadu) [India], Jan 11 (ANI): Hundreds of commuters struggled to reach places in Tamil Nadu as the indefinite strike called by transport unions, demanding a pay hike among other things, entered the eighth day on Thursday.
Though the transport department has roped in temporary drivers to resume services in the state, the fleet of buses has not been running at its maximum capacity.
Amidst the ongoing statewide strike, there were also reports of special buses being arranged for the MLAs.
Earlier on Sunday, Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) working president MK Stalin urged Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palanisamy to initiate talks with transport employees and take suitable actions to end the ongoing strike in the state.
On its third day, Tamil Nadu Transport Minister M.R. Vijayabaskar had appealed to bus employees to return to work.
The strike, following the failure of talks on wage revision and clearance of pending dues with Vijayabaskar, was declared on Thursday.
Transport workers have been demanding for a pay revision to Rs 30,000; however, the authorities have only agreed to pay them Rs 24,400 per month. (ANI)
- 米欧日の家庭用ゲームソフト市場 is trending at 10 in Japan
- 貞ちゃん is trending at 8 in Japan
- 野球殿堂 is trending at 7 in Japan
- #いちごの日 is trending at 6 in Japan
- BS放送の解像度 is trending at 5 in Japan
- #パンダかわいいゲーム is trending at 3 in Japan
- 酒気帯び運転容疑 is trending at 2 in Japan
- ももクロ is trending at 1 in Japan
- Estrella Burgos is trending at 10 in world
- Kanal İstanbul is trending at 9 in world
- Rappler is trending at 8 in world
- #Carillion is trending at 5 in world
- #ComeToBeşiktaş is trending at 4 in world
- Cyrille Regis is trending at 2 in world
- #BlueMonday is trending at 1 in world
- Hanuman is trending at 10 in India
- 21st Test is trending at 9 in India
- #TikTikTikCensoredWithU is trending at 8 in India
- Face Authentication is trending at 7 in India
- India and Israel is trending at 5 in India