Authors: TheIndianSubcontinent News Agency
A group of Peruvian writers has condemned a decision by the authorities to pardon former president Alberto Fujimori on health grounds.
Among the writers who signed the letter is the Nobel Prize-winning author Mario Vargas Llosa.
President Pedro Pablo Kuczynski pardoned Mr Fujimori last Sunday.
The former leader was serving a lengthy prison sentence for human rights abuses and corruption during his time in office in the 1990s.
The writers, who sent a signed letter to the Spanish news agency Efe, said President Kuczynski's decision was illegal and irresponsible.
They called it a disgrace for Peru.
On Thursday, a group of United Nations human rights officials called it a slap in the face for victims of Mr Fujimori's government.
Thousands of people have taken to the streets in Lima and other cities to protest against the decision.
Mr Fujimori's critics consider him a corrupt dictator.
Earlier this week, Mr Kuczynski acknowledged the anger triggered by his decision but said he could not "allow Alberto Fujimori to die in prison".Image copyright Image caption
Supporters of the former leader say it was a humanitarian gesture.
They praise him for combating Maoist rebels of the Shining Path movement in the 1990s.
- 本屋大賞 is trending at 10 in Japan
- 若者たち is trending at 9 in Japan
- イビチャ・オシム is trending at 8 in Japan
- キルミーベイベー is trending at 7 in Japan
- ベイカー街の亡霊 is trending at 6 in Japan
- RAGE is trending at 5 in Japan
- 青空エール is trending at 4 in Japan
- アラミス is trending at 3 in Japan
- 他人の赤ちゃんの首 is trending at 2 in Japan
- #あなたの18大スぺック is trending at 1 in Japan
- Goffin is trending at 10 in world
- 점술가가 is trending at 9 in world
- 혼노지 is trending at 8 in world
- Peter Wyngarde is trending at 7 in world
- Monfils is trending at 6 in world
- #ICCAwards is trending at 5 in world
- #windy is trending at 4 in world
- #اختار_مدينه_لشهر_العسل is trending at 3 in world
- #storm is trending at 2 in world
- चुनाव आयोग is trending at 10 in India